Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Online Identity

Not saying who you really are on the internet has a become a rather big problem ever since the invention of the world wide web. This week in class we discussed the problem of online identity deception and also worked on a paper discussing this issue. I have come to several conclusion and assumptions of online identity through my own research. The one thing that I want to mention is that online identity deception will always take place no matter what measure is taken to prevent this action. People seem to be motivated by some matter in order to be deceptive. Whether it's a woman who is uncomfortable with her older, heavier self posting a picture from 10 years earlier to a the local molester trying to luer in children. All forms of deception seem to have some sort of motivation as the driving factor to be deceptive and those motivations can be easily seen once the person come out from behind the monitor. I enjoyed learning about online identity this week and the stories being studied. Hopefully, if I'm careful, I will not be a victim of some one else's deception.

No comments:

Post a Comment