Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Technology in the Airport


For fall break I went on a vacation out to California to visit some friends. It has been since 2007 since I was last at the airport and I began noticing a few changes in terms of technology at the airport. First of all the Indianapolis airport, where I generally fly out of, was a completely new structure that amazed me right off the bat. Once past security, I began to notice signs that read "Wi-Fi Hot Spots" and I eventually pulled out my iTouch to see how effective this Wi-Fi was. Once connected, I found out that you had to pay for these hot spots which is very frustrating. Luckily I have a cell phone service with internet so it wasn't hard to get around. As if this isn't enough. Once we boarded the plane, they now offered Wi-Fi on the plane! Of course it was at an unreasonable price but this new technology amazed me. It is truly astonishing to me how far our society has come within the last few years and also excites me of what's to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment